To book ZSL London Zoo, or to see more details, click the 'book' button above. Play and Stay are not responsible for the content of external sites. Be careful out there!
ZSL London Zoo
Explore the fascinating animal kingdom with a family day out to ZSL London Zoo, situated in London's Regent's Park.
The entire family will be delighted by the zoo's collection of stunning species from around the world. In an attempt to 'bring down the bars', ZSL London Zoo is making their zoo experience more interactive, bringing you closer to the animals.
ZSL London Zoo Highlights:
- ZSL London Zoo has turned London into Tiger Territory! This immersive and interactive experience brings you face to face with natures most awesome predators.
- Meet the Monkeys in their natural habitat! See black-capped squirrel monkeys in their Bolivian-style rainforest on an epic eco-safari.
- Head to Penguin Beach, England's largest penguin pool!
- Explore Animal Adventure, the children's zoo, where kids can get up close and personal with their favourite animals. Begin in the Treetop Village where you'll meet the coatis. Swing and climb among the lookout towers for some super tree-top views! Then head down to the Roots Zone where you'll encounter creatures in their underground habitats. The Splash Zone has a mini stream, a secret garden and a story-telling tipi, and the Touch Zone allows little ones to get hands-on, with goats, sheep, llamas, donkeys and pigs to pet!
- Meet tortoises Dirk, Dolores and Dolly, the Giants of the Galapagos!
- Visit Butterfly Paradise, where you'll walk through a giant caterpillar and enter a world of butterflies and moths from all over the world. They'll flutter around you, and even land on you! Don't miss the pupae room, where you can see the pupae developing.
- In Rainforest Life you'll get up close to rainforest creatures like the armadillo and the sloth, plus enter the Night Life area to see rats, bats and lorises!
- At Gorilla Kingdom, you'll come face to face with the western lowland gorillas in their African-style habitat. Meet Kumbuka the young male and his female friends Effie, Zaire and Mjukuu. Plus, see Effie, Zaire, Kesho and Jookie in their flash pad! You can also learn about gorillas and the forests they inhabit with interactive activities and exhibits.
- In Blackburn Pavilion, the Victorian house of tropical birds, you'll discover a world of winged things, from hummingbirds to orioles!
- Top off your day of fun, education and entertainment with a visit to the historic on-site Aquarium - the worlds first public aquarium, with everything from tropical coral reefs and freshwater fish to Amazonian piranhas!
Food & Drink
- The Terrace Restaurant
- The Terrace Cafe
- Sblended Milkshakes (seasonal)
- Animal Adventure Cafe
- Aquarium Kiosk
- Hot Dog and Ice Cream Carts (seasonal)
Disabled parking is available at ZSL London Zoo and most of the zoo is accessible to wheelchair-users or those with mobility difficulties. Due to the fact the zoo is over 170 years old and several of its buildings are listed, visibility and access may be somewhat impaired in certain exhibits. The historic Lubetkin penguin pool has limited visibility for wheelchair users. The Aquarium has disabled access via an entrance to the left of the main doorway. Guide dogs are not permitted within the zoo but can be looked after on-site. Paths are tarmac and there is ramped access to most of the buildings. Some slopes are quite steep.
24 February - 28 March 2014: 10:00-17:30
29 March - 7 September 2014: 10:00-18:00
Last admission one hour before close. On selected Fridays in summer closing time will be 5:00pm
Families with Babies, Toddlers, Children, Pre-Teens and Teens
Food, Toilets, Baby change
- Disabled parking
- Wheelchair access
- Induction loops
- Wheelchair hire
- Disabled toilets
ZSL London Zoo
Nearest tube is Camden Town on the Northern Line. Approximately 10 minute walk.
Catch the 274 bus from Camden Town to the Zoo.