To book Windsor Castle, or to see more details, click the 'book' button above. Play and Stay are not responsible for the content of external sites. Be careful out there!
Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world. Widely known as the Queen's favourite royal residence, the castle dominates the iconic Berkshire skyline.
Please note that, as a working royal palace, Windsor Castle is subject to changes in opening arrangements at short notice, and we ask guests to please check before visiting. On Sundays, the St George's Chapel's religious services are open to worshippers but the chapel is closed all day to general visitors.
Windsor Castle Highlights:
- Take a guided tour to the top of the Round Tower on the Conquer the Tower tour. See sweeping views of the castle's grounds and Windsor parkland.
- Visit the Great Kitchen and get a glimpse of the oldest working kitchen in the country, where staff prepare food for State Banquets and other Royal events.
- Visit the State Apartments, bedecked with many art pieces from the Royal Collection, including paintings by Rembrandt and Canaletto.
- See Queen Mary's Dolls' House, the most beautiful and intricate of its kind in the world. It's filled with tiny treasures designed by master craftsmen, including a tiny library and a fully-stocked wine cellar.
- Don't miss St George's Chapel, a stunning Gothic chapel incorporating the tombs of ten monarchs including Charles I.
- The Changing of the Guard is an iconic British ceremony which takes place daily from April to July at 11am and alternate days for the rest of the year.
- Audio Tours are available in a number of languages including Chinese and Russian.
All areas of the castle have full disabled access. The Castle is located at the top of a steep hill, and there are long distances to cover within the site.
Opening times vary but usually the castle is open daily from 9.45am - 7.15am.
The Castle is closed 25-26 December 2014
The State Apartments are closed 18 July 2014
Families with Children, Pre-Teens and Teens
Toilets, babycare, audio tours, refreshments, gift shops