Book Your Break!
from £23.00 per person
With our Warwick Castle and hotel deals, you can visit Britain's Ultimate Castle for less and stay in a hotel near Warwick Castle in a family room, close to fun attractions for everyone. Make the most of this historic attraction with Play and Stay Warwick Castle and hotel packages, including entry to Warwick Castle with Kids Go FREE on selected dates, a stay in a cosy hotel nearby, and breakfast fit for a king.
Look out for Warwick Castle attractions and events which will capture your children's imagination such as:
- Horrible Histories Maze: Prepare to get lost in time as you face fun challenges! Invade a Viking ship, escape the trenches and uncover evil plots and escape the maze before things go horribly wrong.
- Time Tower: Immerse yourself in this brand new multimedia experience which takes you through the bloody history of Warwick Castle, with the ghost of the Earl of Warwick as your guide.
- Trebuchet Fireball Spectacular: See the largest working siege machine IN THE WORLD as the mighty Trebuchet returns in a blaze of glory! This colossal catapult is an authentic representation of one of the biggest and most deadly military machines of all time.
- Flight of the Eagles: Come and see our new birds in the Flight of the Eagles and watch in awe as the spectacular Birds of Prey display showcases these beautiful and powerful creatures – includes Eagles and Vultures flying from the Castle ramparts. Flight of the Eagles takes to the sky twice daily.
- Devile Warwicke Towers and Ramparts Trail: Climb through mediaeval Towers, Ramparts and Chambers, to reveal the bloody history of House Beauchamp, mediaeval England’s most powerful dynasty.
Special Events at Warwick Castle
30th April – 2nd May 2016
28th May- 8th June 2016
23rd July- 4th September 2016
Horrible Histories are live on stage as Wicked Warwick returns with a truly unique, seen-nowhere-else Wicked Warwick show!
Brought to us in partnership with the Birmingham Stage Company
You can also meet a crowd of weird and wonderful characters bought to life by the Horrible Histories books as they roam the Castle grounds.
Jousting Knights of the Lance
23rd July- 4th September 2016
Our famous Jousting Knight’s return on Saturday 23rd July 2016 with two daredevils daily shows.
Hear the thunder of hooves and the crack of lances as the bravery, skill and agility of the Jousters are tested to the limit in the outdoor equestrian area located next to the idyllic River Avon.
Please update the Terms and Conditions to read the following:
Offers on Warwick Castle and hotel stays
Kids Go FREEFor nearly 11 centuries, people have played, dined, fought and entertained at Britain's Ultimate Castle — now you can too. Kids Go FREE on selected dates with Play and Stay's Warwick Castle and hotel deals, so you can treat your little princes and princesses for less.
Recommended Hotels near Warwick Castle with family roomsPlay and Stay offer a large selection of hotels near Warwick Castle which have great family rooms and facilities. Popular choices include:
Chesford Grange Hotel
Children are greeted with a special Quaker children's pack upon check-in and will love playing in the extensive gardens. There's also a swimming pool, sauna and steam room onsite, so don't forget to bring your swimming costume.
Honiley Court Hotel
Located in the rural town of Honiley, only 7.4 miles from Warwick Castle, this former farmhouse is an ideal choice for your Warwick Castle and hotel package. Delicious afternoon teas are available daily and you'll be in the heart of Warwick in no time.
Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express Hotels
At our selection of Holiday Inn hotels near Warwick Castle you'll have access to free Wifi in your family room as well as a TV. Check out our selection of hotels from this popular chain in Warwick, Redditch and Leamington Spa.
Activities and Attractions near Warwick CastleOur Warwick Castle and hotel deals allow you the chance to explore Warwick and its surrounding area. Check out attractions nearby which are great fun for all the family.
Heart of Warwickshire Sightseeing Tour: Relax on a big red bus and take a tour of Warwickshire with an audio guide, hopping on and off as you wish.
Cadbury World: Why not add a sweet touch to your break and find out about all things chocolatey?
Ragley Hall: Children can enjoy pony rides, a giant 3D maze, a woodland walk in the Adventure Wood and the chance to go for a boat ride on a huge lake.
Stratford Amouries: In nearby Stratford-upon-Avon admire the impressive collection, while children run wild at Henry's Castle, consisting of both an outdoor and indoor play area.
Please note that socks must be worn in indoor play areas.
FAQsCan my dog come to Warwick Castle?
Only assistance dogs are allowed in the Warwick Castle grounds. If you wish to take your dog on holiday, please contact your hotel before arrival to see if they are allowed.
Is car parking included in my Warwick Castle and hotel deal?
Car parking is not included in our Play and Stay Warwick Castle and hotel deals. You can find car parks near Warwick castle at the following locations:
- Stables Car Park (off Castle Lane) Premium parking next to admissions area
- Stratford Road Car Park (off Stratford Road) 5 - 10 minute walk from admissions area Woodland Car Park (off Stratford Road) 10 minute walk from admissions area
- Field Car Park (off Stratford Road, open seasonally) 15 minute walk from admissions area
Where are the best family friendly Warwick Castle hotel stays?
At Play and Stay we have a large selection of family-friendly hotels including the Holiday Inn Lemmington Spa, where children eat free, and the Chesford Grange Hotel, where the whole family can swim in the pool.
Warwick Castle Highlights:
- The Pageant Playground is a must for everyone with excess energy to burn. Princes and princesses of all ages can let off steam on the high walls, swings, nets and mini playground.
- The Castle Dungeon*: dare to delve deep beneath the castle floors. The question is, will you ever get out?
- Tower tops: Scale the steps and admire the stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
Food & Drink
If you have an appetite of medieval proportions, Warwick Castle has ye olde eateries where you can find a tasty morsel.
The Coach House Family Restaurant is situated in the stables courtyard area. Various meals are available throughout the day and the children's menu includes dishes endorsed by Annabel Karmel MBE, author of 15 best selling books on children's food.
The Undercroft can be found in the central courtyard of the castle. A traditional carvery is available every day for lunch, or if you prefer something lighter why not order a cream tea. There is a mother and baby area offering bottle and baby food warming facilities.
Warwick Castle grounds and gardens are accessible to all visitors, however because this is a medieval fortress it does feature steps and narrow entrances, limiting access to some of Warwick Castle's attractions. Please note certain areas of the Castle are not wheelchair-accessible and are only accessible after climbing as many as 75 steps. A number of wheelchairs are available for hire, you will be required to pay a refundable £10 deposit.
Registered assistance dogs are permitted onsite and can accompany guests throughout all areas of the Castle and ground with the exception of the Towers & Ramparts and The Castle Dungeon. Assistance dogs must not be left unattended.
To stay in a disabled room as part of your Warwick Castle and hotel package please ring our helpful call centre on 0800 955 5980 who will be happy to meet your needs.
Terms and ConditionsKids Go FREE terms and conditions: Lead price is based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing at the Holiday Inn Express Warwick. Kids Go FREE does not apply on the following dates: 19th March to 10th April, 23rd July to 4th September, 24th October to 31st October. Warwick Castle is closed 25th December. Subject to change and availability.
[b]Warwick Castle terms and conditions:*Entry to The Castle Dungeon is not included in your Play and Stay package. A limited number of tickets are available to purchase from the Central Courtyard Ticket Tent, subject to availability. Supplements may apply for some attractions may need to be booked for others including Horrible Histories. Please check warwick-castle.com for more information before you take your break.
The Castle is open every day (except Christmas Day)
Last admission half an hour before closing
Term time: 10am — 5pm
School holidays: 10am — 6pm
Open until 9pm for Halloween events
Check website for more details
Families with Children, Pre-Teens and Teens
Food, Baby change, Toilets
- Limited wheelchair access
- Wheelchair hire
- Guide Dogs
- Disabled parking
- Fully-trained First Aiders
- Fully accessible shops and restaurants
- Accessible toilets
- Induction loops